This qualification is made up of the following compulsory Knowledge and Practical Skill Modules:
- 263601005-KM-01, Essentials and characteristics of religious practitioners, Level 4, 6 Credits.
- 263601005-KM-02, The Bible and Bible interpretation, Level 5, 30 Credits.
- 263601005-KM-03, Basic Christian concepts, Level 5, 8 Credits.
- 263601005-KM-04, Christian ethics, Level 5, 8 Credits.
- 263601005-KM-05, History of the church and an overview of a variety of Christian traditions, Level 4, 6 Credits.
- 263601005-KM-06, Principles of building the faith community, Level 5, 8 Credits.
- 263601005-KM-07, Principles of preaching, Level 4, 8 Credits.
- 263601005-KM-08, Principles of conducting services, Level 4, 6 Credits.
- 263601005-KM-09, Spiritual formation, life skills training and value system development, Level 5, 10 Credits.
- 263601005-KM-10, Principles of pastoral counselling in a Christian context 12 Credits, Level 6, 12 Credits.
- 263601005-KM-11, The missional calling of the Church, Level 5, 7 Credits.
- 263601005-KM-12, Principles of church leadership and ministry management, Level 5, 8 Credits.
- 263601005-KM-13, Church administration, accountability and financial management, Level 4, 6 Credits.
Total number of credits for Knowledge Modules: 123.
Practical Skill Modules:
- 263601005-PM-01, Prepare sermons that will address the spiritual and contextual needs of the faith community, Level 5, 5 Credits.
- 263601005-PM-02, Conduct worship services within the faith community, Level 5, 5 Credits.
- 263601005-PM-03, Interact with groups and individuals in order to facilitate spiritual growth, Level 6, 4 Credits.
- 263601005-PM-04, Nurture fellowship among members of the faith community, Level 5, 4 Credits.
- 263601005-PM-05, Lead the faith community to show loving care in times of need or crisis, Level 6, 6 Credits.
- 263601005-PM-06, Lead the faith community to live according to a Christian value system and Christian virtues, Level 5, 4 Credits.
- 263601005-PM-07, Develop pro-active and reactive (coping) life skills in the faith community through preaching and teaching and mentoring, Level 6, 5 Credits.
- 263601005-PM-08, Lead a faith community through visionary spiritual leadership (strategic management as a spiritual discipline), Level 5, 4 Credits.
- 263601005-PM-09, Build the spiritual leadership capacity of the congregation/faith community, Level 5, 4 Credits.
- 263601005-PM-10, Facilitate effective ministries in a faith community (operational management as a spiritual discipline), Level 4, 4 Credits.
- 263601005-PM-11, Facilitate stewardship processes in the faith community (stewardship as a spiritual discipline), Level 4, 4 Credits.
- 263601005-PM-12, Mobilise the faith community to share the good news of Jesus Christ with the world, Level 5, 4 Credits.
- 263601005-PM-13, Plan and execute outreach programs to deal with socio-economic and other relevant needs in the wider community, Level 5, 3 Credits.
- 263601005-PM-14, Initiate and/or participate in interventions to deal with needs and emergency situations in the community, Level 5, 3 Credits.
- 263601005-PM-15, Participate in inter-faith community development initiatives, Level 5, 3 Credits.
- 263601005-PM-16, Plan and manage the effective use of media, Level 5, 2 Credits. Total number of credits for Practical Skill Modules:
This qualification also requires the following Work Experience Modules:
- 263601005-WM-01, Prepare and conduct a worship service to nurture the relationship with God, Level 5, 15 Credits.
- 263601005-WM-02, Plan and conduct teachings, and develop ministry activities, to enhance the quality of fellowship and mutual care, Level 5, 15 Credits.
- 263601005-WM-03, Develop pro-active and reactive (coping) life skills and nurture Christian values in a faith community, Level 5, 10 Credits.
- 263601005-WM-04, Engage the leadership of a faith community in discussions on visional leadership and operational management practices, Level 5, 5 Credits.
- 263601005-WM-05, Plan and execute an outreach or community development project in a community, Level 5, 5 Credits.
Total number of credits for Work Experience Modules: 50.